Indo Adventures Part 1 of 3
Are you heading to, or maybe thinking of heading on a trip over to Bali any time soon? Maybe you want to explore more of Indonesia? A month ago I happened to have what turned out to be one of the best trips of my whole entire life! Bold statement right?! But it truly was everything and more than I could ask for in an adventure trip of a life time.
So why was it so incredible? Firstly, I started off in the magical island of Bali – probably my number 2 favourite place in the whole world (number 1 place I’ll be sharing with you in the next blog! ;)) I started by doing a one week immersive Online Yogi Teacher training course with truly the best in the biz – Celest Pereira, Kelly McHugh (of Digital Yoga Academy), Adell Bridges and Jake Paul White. Literally a life changing retreat in terms of business learnings – great start. Whilst there I explored the wonders of Ubud and then met my beautiful pal Danielle Willemsen – another yoga teacher! Together we the went on to explore Canguu and Mount Batur.
Here’s Part 1 of my Indo Adventures VLOG which shows you exactly what we got up to and how to get involved if you want to go.
Need the quick tips?
Where we visited
- Ubud & Tegenungan Waterfall For our Online Yogi Course, Rice Paddies & Tegenungan Waterfall. The waterfall is a little bit of a tourist trap, lots of people, lots of things being sold to tourists. It can get a little busy by the waterfall itself so probably best to go earlier. There are some wonderful options for temple visits here too. A true jungle paradise.
- Canggu Town & Batu Balong Beach for healthy hang outs and the surf – a very popular spot, but super fun to spend a few days in.
- Mount Batur – To climb an active volcano! So much fun. You have to wake up at 3am so you can see the sunrise over the volcano. An easy to moderate climbing up.
- Toya Devasya Natural Springs – Fairly commercialised but worth it for the epic pool side views of the natural springs next to Mount Batur.
Where we ate:
- In the RAW Bali – Delicious (and HUGE!) Acai Bowls
- The Loft – Canguu – Delicious dinner (and brunch too!) – We went for the dinner and had the Vegan Spaghetti Bolognaise, Buddha Bowl and Raw Snickers Cake which were all incredible.
- Mad Pops Ice Cream – Epic Ice Cream Tacos – 2 scoops of ice cream, with toppings in an ice cream waffle (taco shaped!)
- Motion Cafe (at Motion Fitness) – Super tasty for brunch – we of course went for the avo & eggs!
- Clear Cafe – Such a cool hang out for locals and tourists alike. Theres a stream with gold fish and natural plants everywhere. Its such an incredible haven and serves delicious food throughout the day. Great space for co working.
- Lazy Cats Cafe – Another really cool spot in town. The decor is gorgeous and open and overlooks the local street so it’s great for people watching. We munched on all the delcious veggie food and smoothies. It’s also a wonderful place to work from.
- Sayan House – The MOST incredible Japanese Latin fusion restaurant. A little pricier but so worth it. The views are incredible. Great for lunch or dinner.
Where we shopped
- Bamboo Blonde – Slightly more premium, but the perfect blend of Bali/Aussie inspired clothing. We spent way longer and way more money that we intended to there – it was just too good!
- Love Anchor Bazaar – The cutest little bazaar for all your trinket and jewellery needs. They also did some nice market clothes too. You can haggle them for price a little too.
- Radiantly Alive – A yoga studio and healing sanctuary, which also happens to have a wonderful boutique with great yoga brands like Isabelle Moon by the infamous Meghan Currie.
I hope that helps you if you are looking to go and exploring. If you’re sitting on the fence about going, the just DO IT! It may just be the best decision you’ve ever made. Stay tuned for Part 2 and 3 where we continue to on the “best trip of our lives”.
Sending health & happiness,