People always ask me…how do I keep eating so healthy? How do I have time to cook healthy food? Wanna know the real, very unfiltered truth? I, like many other fit folk out there keep to one rule: keep it simple, keep it clean. 90% of the time I eat similar meals and have a consistent menu throughout my week. Meals and snacks use similar healthy ingredients that I know I like the taste of and know work for my body. Rarely do I cook up crazy, glamorous gourmet healthy dinners. For the most part it’s eggs, sweet potatoes, quinoa, veggies, fish and meat. I’m not talking about all week every week. Yes you can have those cheeky little treats on a Friday, heck maybe on a Saturday and Sunday too. BUT try and stick to the all important 80:20 rule. 80% clean healthy food and drink choices. 20% you fall off the wagon and that’s ok.
This eggs and avocado on sourdough is a prime example of ultra simple cooking that is quick, easy and nutritious. Pretty sure you can whack this up in about 4 or 5 minutes. Now that’s healthy food I can fit into my schedule! For ideas on what to include in your weekly food shopping see my go-to grocery list.
Here’s how to make those ultra simple avo eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 slices of sourdough (or rye / wholewheat bread – whatever you like!) toasted
- 1/4 of a large avocado or 1/2 of a small one
- A teaspoon of coconut oil
- Place the coconut oil into a frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Toast your sourdough. Then spread the avocado on the toast using a fork.
- Crack the eggs into the frying pan (once the pan has been heated for a couple of minutes) – Watch out for any hot coconut oil spitting out the pan.
- Once the eggs are done (when there’s little to no excess runny egg white). Serve on your toast and enjoy a super easy, energising meal. It’s as easy as 1,2,3….4!
Sending health & happiness,